follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, February 12, 2009

    International Leaders Meetings (Brazil) #1

    I’m sitting under a street lamp in a remote resort hotel outside Sao Paulo, Brazil. In the next couple days 300 ministry leaders from 90+ countries gather. They are all serving with Operation Mobilization. Most are not from North America (I was riding on a bus today for 4 hours from Sao Paulo and I was the only American among the 14 people--10 nations were represented in our little bus).

    What is their purpose for gathering? Let’s find out together as I write. I hope to go through what I see and talk about. Pray that God guides me in my conversations, observations, and as I talk with others.

    Tonight over dinner I sat with a Brazilian brother, named G-------. He spent 2 years in Western and Central Asia. Then a Swiss-German woman who speaks Dahri sat across the table from us. Before I could get a word in they went back and forth in Dahri for 5 minutes. I was confused and just sat there in awkwardness. Then they kindly returned to English. G------ has a deep passion to see Brazil GO to the least reached part of the World.

    He said, “Michael, there are obstacles too--we are an emotional and outgoing people. We love relational ministry, but we are also some of the first ones who want to go home when it is hard. And let me tell you, Iran and Afghanistan is hard.”

    PRAY: Brazilians would GO to the least reached parts of the World and that my brother G------- is equipped in the work God is calling him to do. What is your call?

    Give up your small ambitions; come with me to save the World. -- Francis Xavier

    No comments: