follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, November 9, 2008

    History and my future

    The church I grew up in deeply moves my emotions, especially when I think of the people who invested their lives into mine. They deposited every week, probably under discouragement and challenges. Our sunday school classes were usually no more than 8 and there were a few trouble make students. These teachers continued each week returning to the children--one of whom was me!

    Today I got in front of them to say thank you. I stood and after mentioning one name, I began bawling. For those who were there--it seems this happens most times I return to speak at this church--I get emotionally charged and then I release.

    PastedGraphic.Q6xWJdDtxn4T.lXWmrGQzNZ3r.jpg

    These last few years I’ve been wanting to GET whatever is on God’s heart. This has been a pursuit of mine! I just want it--sure there are barriers like business, apathy, and the volume of life turned up too loudly, BUT I do want it.

    thought or prayer for you, your friends, and me:

    turn down the volume.
    listen to heart of God.
    feast on His delights.
    dream of the divine.

    his heart for all nations.
    to know and worship Him.
    prepare more than your heart.
    to encounter more than His.

    injustice, pain and sin
    wreak havoc on their life.
    while mine seems calm and peaceful
    God impart your heart in mine.

    Ignoring all around me
    seems the easier way out.
    than changing our own World
    God’s Kingdom will resound.

    Life turns out busy.
    people. tasks. driving and fun.
    making space for God’s life.
    Harder and worth it.





    No comments: